Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Monitor/kodamatic Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Monitor/kodamatic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Puderse
Tinkerer
Username: Puderse

Post Number: 33

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 08:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've a very nice 620 Monitor with a "special" lens and a slightly sticky flash kodamatic shutter. Works at all speeds & timer but there is noticable "deposit" on shutter blades where they overlap. Slow to open; not "snappy". The inside lens (from the front) has only a tiny hole to aid removal. Does it turn clockwise to remove? Do I need a secret Kodak tool? Hate to bung it up. Maybe someone knows how to get this lens fully dis-assembled or would share some pages from a repair manual.

Markus
Tinkerer
Username: Markus

Post Number: 134

Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You need a flexiclamp (search at micro-tools.com or make one yourself out of plastic). Make sure to carefully measure before you buy a flexiclamp to get the correct size. AFAIK, that little hole is not used when you disassemble the shutter.

Do not use pliers to unscrew the second lens element, you may guess how I know that...

Puderse
Tinkerer
Username: Puderse

Post Number: 53

Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bought the flexiclamp(macro-tools has lousy customer service), soaked the shutter most of the winter (it's too cold to work in my unheated shop), messed around with the damn thing several weeks, finally got it working this weekend. It never worked so good!!! "I get by with a little help from my friends"

Mounted it on a board for my baby Graphic. Ready to give it a side by side test with some others before remounting on the Monitor.

The next question: Is there a "sweet spot" or should I get maximum performance from it with it set at infinity? It's a "SPECIAL". Actual focus will be on the ground glass of the Graphic.

Foto_gaga
Tinkerer
Username: Foto_gaga

Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sweet spot = infinity at f11.

Or f16 if it is the bigger 616 film Monitor.

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 59

Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 08:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Foto_gaga: please notice the 4 years gap between the post you are responding to, and current date...
Nonetheless, archives are enriched this way, just don't expect Puderse to respond ;P
Marek

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 129

Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is only 28 minutes between the post and the response. I think you are looking at Puderese's date of registration.

Markus
Tinkerer
Username: Markus

Post Number: 136

Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 04:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As to the sweet spot, I believe lenses on consumer cameras of this vintage had their sweet spot at maybe 15 feet distance, where you'd take a group shot.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration