Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A-1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon A-1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Puderse
Tinkerer
Username: Puderse

Post Number: 43

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 01:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Took this old guy out of the cabinet to sell and found the reason he has been in the cabinet all this time was that after rewinding the last roll of film that I shot, IT WOULD NOT RETURN TO SHOOTING MODE.

The sprocket shaft freewheels, the clutch button remains in the depressed position, it will not cock or fire! Tried all the tricks with the double exposure switch. NO LUCK.

There is probably something I can trip or un-trip after removing the bottom.

Any help, guidance or direction would be appreciated.

SID

Fiftyfifty
Tinkerer
Username: Fiftyfifty

Post Number: 44

Posted on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 01:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Sid
If you remove the base, and have the lens pointing away from you, you will have a release magnet on your right, if you push the little lever on this towards the front of the camera, this will relase your shutter and allow you to wind on.
Doug

Puderse
Tinkerer

Post Number: 44

Posted on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haven't broken it open yet, waiting for just such advice. I've two weeks off for the holidays and I may post blow-by-blow of my adventures for others.

Nice camera, hate to see it among my shelf queens.

Puderse
Tinkerer

Post Number: 46

Posted on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paint me with a fools brush!!! Why didn't I think of a new battery? $5 battery=works perfectly! Any one need a A-1 with a 1.4/50?

Newminfan
Tinkerer
Username: Newminfan

Post Number: 4

Posted on Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How much do you want for them?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration