Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon L35AF Stuck on Self Timer Mode Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nikon L35AF Stuck on Self Timer Mode « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Warren128
Tinkerer
Username: Warren128

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I took my L35AF out recently to exercise it's wonderful 5-element 35mm lens, when the camera suddenly got stuck on self timer mode even though the self timer lever is in the "off" (up) position. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this?

thanks!

Warren

Warren128
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oops, sorry, I just noticed that this camera is probably not within the scope of this forum. Moderator, please delete at your discretion.

Thanks,

Warren

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 208

Posted on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, at least it's film. These days that's probably classic enough. Anyway, I've had similar problems with a couple of Olympus XA variants and unfortunately it turns out to be a failed integrated circuit. I hope that's not the problem with your Nikon, but beyond suggesting that you open it up and make sure the lever is still operating whatever internal switch is used, I can't give you much advice. On the Olys, the lever operates a rotary switch in the base, and I can see where it might, under other circumstances, stick into ST mode if the switch broke, shorted, or otherwise misbehaved. If only that were the case with the ones I had.

Warren128
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the reply :-).

I once tried to open up a non-functional L35AF, and I was not very successful. So I'm afraid that I will probably have to let this one go to someone else who knows how to work with it.

I'll have a closer look to see if I can open it without mangling anything, but I'll stop short of causing any undue damage.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration