Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Anyone know about Ansco Memo shutters? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Anyone know about Ansco Memo shutters? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 42

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got one of these cute li'l cameras with a shutter that just won't work properly. I've already picked Rick Oleson's brains on this problem with no success. (He was nice enough to send me a picture of a similar shutter on a different camera, but I still haven't been able to find the trouble.) Is anyone else here familiar with these? Mine has the standard Ilex 3-speed shutter (25-50-100-B-T), not the fancy Wollensak one.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1037

Posted on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...and i still haven't gotten around to digging deeper into that shutter to understand it better. sorry...

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 43

Posted on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 06:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Rick. I was hoping I didn't leave the impression that this was somehow a failure (to figure something out) on your part; far from it. (To others here, I should point out that Rick had never worked on this shutter before, and was kind enough to open up another camera with a similar shutter and send me a picture of the works.)

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 22

Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have one of these too and the slow speed hangs up every couple shots so I'm on the list of wanting to know how to fix it. The usual cleaning doesn't do anything to help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration