Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 RD slow shutter speed esca... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus 35 RD slow shutter speed escapement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wolf
Tinkerer
Username: Wolf

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody,
After restoring the sticky shutter on my Olympus 35 RD I realized that at the slow speeds (esp. 1/4 and 1/2 sec) the shutter will sometimes stay open as if gummed up (on this occasions the escapement gear can be heard going on hesitantly). After several actuations the shutter runs normally.

Does anybody have disassembly pics for the front assembly? It seems as if you have to remove the rangefinder assembly to get out the shutter/lens assembly!?! Will the rangefinder get misaligned by that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wolfgang
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blaz38
Tinkerer
Username: Blaz38

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also repaired an oily shutter on a 35RD. Somehow I managed to remove the front assembly, but to put it back I found I had to remove the rangefinder assembly. No big deal; you will probably want to check and align the RF anyway. I believe I have some pics, drop me an email through the forum. won't be able to gather the information before the week end.
Regards and good luck

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration