Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflash 2 need help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rolleiflash 2 need help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pk61
Tinkerer
Username: Pk61

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Rolleiflash 2 but isn't working, inside there are 2 resistor (value is ok) a capacitor (replaced) a lamp (ok), but when I try to burn a bulb nothing happen also by pressing the shoot button on the back. The 22 volts battery is new and the test lamp is flashing like is written in the manual also if is doing the same without flashbulb.
The flashbulb that I have are all about 10 ohm of resistance.
Any one as the schematic of the rolleiflash or also a generic schematic regarding a flashbulb.
Any help is kindly apprecciated.
Marco

Fred_the_oyster
Tinkerer
Username: Fred_the_oyster

Post Number: 19

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have a Rolleiflash in front of me but I hope the following suggestion will nevertheless be helpful. The test lamp should flash only when there's a good flashbulb fitted - the capacitor is meant to charge via the flashbulb and resistor. A dead short across the flashbulb holder, but everything else working properly, would explain the symptoms you're seeing. I would take the battery out until you've investigated; if my guess is right the battery will be drained fairly quickly and they're not especially cheap these days! Best of luck. Jim

Pk61
Tinkerer
Username: Pk61

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, I have now the flash working.
The problem was in the contact for the baseless (all-glass) bulbs, that was close also with the metal base bulbs M2-M3 that I have.
This upper contact http://tinypic.com/3ia2nb85 has to be close only with all-glass bulbs otherwise the metal base bulb are putting the 2 side contact shorted together.
Marco

Fred_the_oyster
Tinkerer
Username: Fred_the_oyster

Post Number: 20

Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 02:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good stuff, happy to hear you found the answer!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration