Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vivitar 19mm problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Vivitar 19mm problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ajuk
Tinkerer
Username: Ajuk

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 04:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just took dilvery of [URL="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250551222925&ssPageName=STR K:MEWNX:IT"]this[/URL] lens it it has a smudge on the inside rear element, obviously I'm not happy about this but as it came from America and I'm in the UK I don't really want the hassle of sending it back, is the inside rear element hard to get to on that lens?

Peterclarke
Tinkerer
Username: Peterclarke

Post Number: 41

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should send it back otherwise the seller has got away with a blatant misdescription. Start the dispute process. The seller will have to refund everything you've paid him and the return postage. If you don't do something about it he'll just do it again. Peter.

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 233

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, the seller will only have to refund the bid price and, perhaps, the shipping cost. The shipping cost to return it and the customs charges will not be refundable.

It should be easy to get to the element for cleaning. I have one here that is well fogged. Will look at it. Think this lens was a copy of the Canon 19mm.

Peterclarke
Tinkerer
Username: Peterclarke

Post Number: 42

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bow to Tom_cheshire's superior knowledge. I've only done 500+ transactions on eBay so obviously have a lot to learn. However I don't think anyone wants to lose 100% positive f/b so it could still be worth opening a dispute as the item clearly isn't as described. Maybe you can negociate a partial refund. It's worth getting eBay involved. Peter

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 47

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@Ajuk: just a meta-note: this forum software doesn't use the [URL] [/URL] quasi-tags like some other fora do. To embed a URL in a message, use standard HTML, like so:

Click on <a href="URL"> this link </a>

replacing URL with the actual URL, of course. Works like a charm.

Ajuk
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks I realised afterwards, that was only my second post I didn't even realise I was a member of this site, but my browser logged me in!

Ajuk
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow that was easy to get to didn't even need tools, looks like it's a scratch as it wont come off with cleaning! :-(

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration