Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Duff frame spacing on Voigtlander Vito C Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Duff frame spacing on Voigtlander Vito C « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 272

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just got the first roll back from my bank-breaking Vito C (£3) and to my annoyance there's definitely a frame spacing problem. The first dozen or so frames are fine, then it gets progressively worse until for the last few the negs look panoramic... There's also several missing frames, which I haven't found an excuse for yet as the shutter trips every time when I test it.

I think the problem is that the take-up spool is slack enough for its spindle to rotate inside it when there is drag on the outer part (the spool appears to turn on a separate spindle) as, when I got to the end of the roll, it just kept winding on and winding on. Luckily I opened it in a changing bag!

So... Does anyone have any idea on whether I can fix this? The chassis seems to be screwed or rivetted together from the front, and I've not dismantled anything to that extent before. Unfortunately the slot for the film does not allow me to see the inner spindle, or I'd try a bit of epoxy.

Any assistance you can offer would be very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Adrian
(incidentally, for habitues of both, I'm also posting this over on Rangefinder Forum)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 281

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Update: HAving run a scrap film through several times, the film now stops as expected at the end of the roll, and makes nasty noises as the sprockets turn under it, after the frame counter has counted 24. I won't know for sure until I run another film through, but it looks as though it just needed some exercise - probably been neglected for donkey's years!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration