Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Dismantling Meopta Flexaret VI? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Dismantling Meopta Flexaret VI? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harryhaddock
Tinkerer
Username: Harryhaddock

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have acquired a Felxaret 6 which needs some attention.

How do I get inside it? I have taken the leatherette of and undone the screws I can access. In this thread Chris suggests unscrewing 4 recessed screws, but I could only access 3 (see pic). The other was inacessible. How do I get to it?

my vi

But this was to get to the mirror. I also need to get to the focussing mechanism. To do this I guess I need to go through the front? Do the silver filter threads come of first? What tool do I need for this? How do I remove the black plastic lens housing?

thanks,

Simon.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wupdigoj
Tinkerer
Username: Wupdigoj

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 02:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. If I remember correctly, you have to unscrew the lens-shutter assembly (as a whole) from the rear, using a spanner wrench. The rear ring has a tiny screw in the front (I mean in the front part of the ring, but the ring is in the rear inside the camera) which prevents it to unscrew, so unscrew this tiny screw a little first. The shutter is connected to a wire for the flash sync. This will expose a set of 4 screws under the shutter-lens assembly. Those screws connect the front pannel (the one supporting the two lenses) to the focussing helicold. If you unscrew them, take notice of the position of the helicold or you will lost the infinity focus if you reassemble it in a wrong position. Under the front panel there are several rings, some sprig charged, which are tricky to put back in the right position. Study them carefully before taking apart. Be careful when removing the front panel, bacause some of the rings can spring out (this happends to me).

I don't understand why you cannot unscrew all the 4 screws you mention. Perhaps using a thin and long screwdriver?. Nevertheless after disassembling the panel supporting the lens, it is very easy to take the front panel apart, and this will expose the screw you cannot remove.

Best luck. Flexarets are good cameras, IMO.

Javier

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration