Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super Silette L, how to open the top Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Super Silette L, how to open the top « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ludo
Tinkerer
Username: Ludo

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 07:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have finished cleaning and relubing the shutter of a nice Super Silette L I got a while ago, and now I have to set the rangefinder vertical alignment. The problem is, that I have no idea how to open the top: I removed the film rewind knob and the small locking ring below it, the meter dials, and the few screws I could find but the top does not want to open. What am I missing?

top, view 1

top, view 2

Ludo
Tinkerer
Username: Ludo

Post Number: 4

Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After some head scratching I found out how to open it: there's a thin metal plate on the accessory shoe that masks a lare screw.

Ken_chan
Tinkerer
Username: Ken_chan

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello,
could you tell in what way you removed the rewind knob from the the camera top?thanks.

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 74

Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rewind knob unscrews (right-hand thread) it was very tight on my SS so you may need a rubber or plastic pad to get a good grip. Hold the camera upside down as you remove the knob as there are some loose parts inside.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration