Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K2. Exposition ring. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax K2. Exposition ring. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kulmann
Tinkerer
Username: Kulmann

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The digits on the ring is mismatched with shown in viewfinder. How to repair?

Kulmann
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nobody knows? :-(

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 74

Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, can't help you. Hopefully someone who can will be along shortly.

By the way, in English that's called the "aperture ring".

Steve_roberts
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_roberts

Post Number: 39

Posted on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 04:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something doesn't stack up here! The K2 doesn't show the aperture in the viewfinder, though the K2DMD does. If it's a DMD and showing the wrong aperture, I can only assume that the little Judas window is wonky and looking other than straight ahead. On the other hand, the shutter speeds are shown in the viewfinder, so if the problem is actually the shutter speed indicated on the rotating dial not matching that displayed in the viewfinder, that's another matter. I sorted out that problem on a DMD and I would imagine that a K2 would be the same. If you can confirm that it's the shutter speed indication that doesn't match, then I'll dig out the notes I made. (I don't recall it being too difficult)
Cheers,
Steve

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 78

Posted on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I actually don't know the camera in question. I assumed that "exposition" (which in English usually refers to an event where something is exhibited) referred to an aperture control; it could just as easily be the shutter speed control. Easy to determine in any case.

Krg
Tinkerer
Username: Krg

Post Number: 7

Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is Pentax K2 Service Manual:
http://www.robertstech.com/manuals.htm

Kulmann
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Steve, yes, it's shutter speed dial. The speed indicating on it doesn't matching that displayed in the viewfinder.

Steve_roberts
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_roberts

Post Number: 41

Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 05:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kulmann,
Here are the notes I made about your problem. I've edited out some parts that only apply to the DMD. Hope it helps!

Top plate removal
Slacken three screws around periphery of shutter speed selector (no need to take them right out) and lift off dial. No need to set/save position as spring-loaded button only allows it to be re-fitted in one position. Remove rewind knob, film advance lever (watch out for spring) and five screws holding top plate on. No left hand threads. Lift off top plate

Blue flag/Shutter speed – Flag about one and a half positions out from selected speed.
Remove small circuit board around rewind knob and fold back out of the way (plenty of spare wire). This then reveals a flat bar with a sliding extension and locking screw (usual Pentax red sealing compound). Compound was obviously disturbed, but whether that was the reason the camera had been taken apart or a result of unsuccessful repair was not apparent. Camera had clearly received a couple of severe clouts. Moved sliding bar so that flag and speed matched, tightened set screw and re-applied red paint. Replaced cct board.

Replaced top plate etc. Advance lever pre-load spring a bit fiddly.

Kulmann
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 06:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Steve! I fix it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration