Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FX-3 shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica FX-3 shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tnt
Tinkerer
Username: Tnt

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 04:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a problem with my Yashica FX-3: the shutter fires sometimes immediately when I cock
it. Have you an idea of the origin or/and a solution to repair this?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards

Playboyphotog
Tinkerer
Username: Playboyphotog

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 03:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just finished trying to repair one doing the same thing. Some holding pawl or linkage I beleive is not catching properly. Still troubleshooting.

Tnt
Tinkerer
Username: Tnt

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 04:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Response from Jon Goodman (the man who sales foam seals on ebay - "Interslice"):

"...for the shutter firing when it is cocked...there can be two problems. One is easy, and one is very difficult. The easy one: There is a pawl which slips in place when the shutter is cocked. In some cameras you will see it in the bottom gear train, and in other cameras you will see it in the top gear train. If this pawl gets sticky, the camera will not "latch" the shutter. So the shutter fires when you release the handle. The difficult one: If you have a camera with an electronic shutter, sometimes this can happen when the shutter magnet fails. This is not very common, and it is not easy to repair.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration