Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Super Silette jammed shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Agfa Super Silette jammed shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 75

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think this is an early model. Synchro-Compur shutter, 1 - 500sec, Agfa-Color Solagon f2 50mm lens. My problem is that I can't find a way into the shutter to clean it and to lubricate the focusing ring threads.

I've peeled back the leather on the front and removed the four c/sk screws but the lens will not come off. There is no sign of any grubscrews only what looks like a rivet on the shutter speed ring. Tried unscrewing the filter ring but it will not budge. The camera is in nice condition and allthough not valuble it seems a shame to scrap it.
Thanks for any help - Alf

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 74

Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you seen this excellent repair article?

http://feuerbacher.net/photo/frame.html

But now that I look closely, it looks like Mick's Super Silette is the Apotar version. The faster-lens Solagon version has a different focus mechanism, doesn't it? And maybe a different shutter...

I also have a Super Silette (Solagon) waiting for renovation. I'll have a look at it later.

Dmcrite33
Tinkerer
Username: Dmcrite33

Post Number: 22

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go into back of the camera and remove the ring that goes around the lens and holds the shutter. The shutter will then come out the front. Remove the front lens and turn the little locking screw that has 2 tiny holes in it so the plate will turn in order to remove the plate exposing shutter mechanism.

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 17

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.davidrichert.com/zeiss_521_16_compur_rapid_shutter.htm

Different camera, but very illustrative of the shutter, or a similar one.

Good luck.

Aford
Tinkerer
Username: Aford

Post Number: 78

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the advise I shall try opening the back to remove the locking ring but not much space in there. I'll let you know how I get on.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration