Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus om-2 / om-2n meter adjustment... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus om-2 / om-2n meter adjustment (needle) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tgraichen
Tinkerer
Username: Tgraichen

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just because i did not find it documented clearly anywhere: i finally found out how to adjust the meter display in the viewfinder of an olympus om-2 or om-2n: if you open the top cover then you can see on the about 7-8 o'clock position (back of the camera at 6 o'clock) of the asa/iso dial a cam which moves in and out as you turn the asa/iso dial. on this cam there is a little screw which is an excenter and which you may use to adjust the meter display in the viewfinder to the proper reading. this is completely independent from the metering used for the auto-mode of those cameras, so if your auto metering was fine before it will also be fine after the adjustment. one thing to keep in mind: check the final setting with the top cover on, because otherwise you will eventually see influences of straylight from the open top while adjusting the meter.

this way i was able to make my om-2n display proper values in the viewfinder again. maybe the adjustment in the om-1 is even similar - might be possible.

maybe this helps someone - best wishes - thomas

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration