Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-2N releaes sometimes on wi... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus OM-2N releaes sometimes on winding « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tgraichen
Tinkerer
Username: Tgraichen

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just another olympus om question: my om-2n sometimes releases already while winding it when it had been sitting around for a while ... it sometimes works fine without any problems and the problem seems to be mechanical: if i take out the batteries and put the camera on "B" it also sometimes works normally and sometimes already fires while winding on (by hand btw.) ... seems to be dirt somewhere - the question is: where? i removed the top and the bottom and cleaned what was available from there, but it did not help so far. where in the camera by the way does the actual mechanical release happen?

a lot of thanks in advance and best wishes - thomas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spyderman
Tinkerer
Username: Spyderman

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 03:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I once had a similar problem on OM-1n. The mirror charging lever (?) would not go far enough to lock the mirror correctly in cocked position. Fortuantely the lever has an adjustment point - it is possible to bend the end a little. When you remove the bottom cover, watch closely how it all works. The charging lever I'm talking about is next to the winder contacts in a deep slot perpendicular to the longer side of camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration