Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 201 Jammed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta SRT 201 Jammed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Schlooter
Tinkerer
Username: Schlooter

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 09:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently picked up a Minolta SRT 201 at a garage sale, in a box of "junk" for 10 bucks. The exterior condition is pristine, and the glass is perfect. Unfortunately, the shutter, film advance lever, and self timer all appear to be completely stuck.

I've poked around on this forum and others and seen posts about similar problems, but no clear information about what may be the cause. I'd like to try and repair the problem myself, as I have the time and tools, but I'm not sure where to start.

Here's a rundown of the problems:
- Film advance lever non-responsive. It has about 35° of play, and then completely stops.
- Shutter button seems to be stuck in the down position. Either no movement or very little with no effect.
- Self timer sticks at 45°. I can re-wind it and hit the release button and it sticks. Cannot be "helped" along. The shutter button does not start the self timer. (Should it?)

I'm guessing bent linkage or something must be the cause. Even better, maybe I'm not using it right? Can anyone tell me where to start?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration