Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Moving Graflex Norita Metered Prism t... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Moving Graflex Norita Metered Prism to another camera body « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Surfriderj
Tinkerer
Username: Surfriderj

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to move the Metered TTL Pentaprism from one Graflex Norita body to another. The prism itself is very easy to unsnap and resnap but the
tall Shutter Speed dial must be moved as well. It was I who installed it on the first camera, years ago but now, I don't seem to be able to take
it off again.

I am quite sure there is a tiny screw that attaches the bottom part of the Extender Dial to the shaft that sticks out the top of the camera body but, where the standard shutter speed dial has the screw visible in a little hole on its circumference, there is no such hole visible in the dial ring at the bottom of the extender.

How does it come off? Would greatly appreciate some help with this.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill2974
Tinkerer
Username: Bill2974

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi . . . at the bottom of the knob there is a sliding cover with the speeds engraved on it which pulls up to reveal the three clamping screws . . . if you send me your email address I can email you the relevant pic: billhill@blueyonder.co.uk . . . Cheers!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration