Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contax c/y mount tessar 45/2.8 assembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Contax c/y mount tessar 45/2.8 assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Agraveman
Tinkerer
Username: Agraveman

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I disassembled the lens to clean and lube, I can't put the parts together again. The ring that suspend the aperture return ring can't put back into place. Can any one help?

Panoguy
Tinkerer
Username: Panoguy

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not exactly clear what part you mean by "aperture return ring." Also, is this an AE or MM lens (any aperture values in green)?

The lens mount itself holds the "aperture selector ring" in place. That part has to be "hooked" over the aperture lever. Check these instructions here (for removing/ replacing the lens mount):

http://leitax.com/conversion/contax/Tessar_45-2.8/index.html

But I'll bet in the future you will do what I do: set up a camera on a tripod over the work area and take pictures during disassembly!

Agraveman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 03:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's the AE type. The innards are different from that site.
There is two ring underneath the bayonet. One to close down the aperture when the shutter fires, the other one is to suspend that ring inside the mount. I couldn't put the second ring back because the helicod tube doesn't allow the second ring to sit low enough for some reason.

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 103

Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Although I'm not familiar with that lens, if the helicoid is in the way of anything, then it hasn't been put back correctly. Sounds as if you may have misaligned it during reassembly and it will need splitting again.

Or, it could be just that the focus ring has been turned beyond infinity pulling the helicoid back into the lens too far. If you turn the focus ring, can you move the helicoid forward to allow refitting of the ring? If you can, then you maybe just need to do that then adjust the focussing (which you'll need to do anyway).

Agraveman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't touch the lens assembly, ie the helicod. The only thing I've touched is the aperture rings. Besides, the helicod that is blocking the way is the outer stationary tube, not the lens assembly helicod inside.

Monopix
Tinkerer

Post Number: 104

Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK. The fact you said you cleaned and lubed it I assumed you had separated the focussing elements.

How about a picture to show the problem?

Agraveman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 - 06:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

top view of the flat surface of helicod the three extrusion of the problematic ringthe ring and the helicod
the flat surface of the helicod, the three extrusion ring and the ring on the helicod

Monopix
Tinkerer

Post Number: 109

Posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking at this picture...

lens

it looks like the ring you are trying to fit stands proud of the rear of the lens quite a bit. It looks like you are trying to put yours on too far, hence why it's hitting the back of the helicoid. But it's difficult to be specific without knowing how the lens is assembled.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration