Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 50mm F1.4 Lens Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica 50mm F1.4 Lens Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Luizfrds
Tinkerer
Username: Luizfrds

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have aquired an old yashica FX-D with an Yashica 50mm F1.4 and an Polar 28mm F2.8 Macro, The polar works perfectly! at any Speed NO PROBLENS, but when i put the Yashica 50mm the shutter jams when the focus is between 3 ~ 10 meters (10 ~ 30 ft)...

and to release the shutter i need to focus down to 2 meters(7 ft)...

Any idea of what could be happening?

Ismaelg
Tinkerer
Username: Ismaelg

Post Number: 42

Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 08:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the mirror. It may be loose and it can be hitting the back of the lens. I had a similar problem with a Yashica FX-3. If the glue holding the mirror gets hot it may get loose. In that case you may need to reheat the glue and get the mirror back up in place.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ismael

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 198

Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My guess?

Something in the lens is obstructing the stop-down lever on the lens. An FX-D will not complete the shutter cycle until the stop-down activation lever near the bottom of the lens mount can move.

I'd remove the lens from the camera and check the motion and action of it's stop down lever at the distances you mention.

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 105

Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would guess the mirror as well. Quite a common fault with these.

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 199

Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

At infinity, the lens is back all of the way it will go towards the mirror. The OP indicates it is not a problem at that setting. It's not the mirror if that is true.

Luizfrds
Tinkerer
Username: Luizfrds

Post Number: 9

Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

problem solved, it was really a problem with mirror rubber, which caused the mirror to broke, send it to an camera repair man ( who worked in its manufacture, as he said ) made complete work, and it was a great price, the new mirror is in great state

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration