Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vito II folding mechanism Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Vito II folding mechanism « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blacknoise
Tinkerer
Username: Blacknoise

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there,

The folding mechanism on my Vito feels a bit rough, and sticks when closing. you need to wiggle it a bit to get it to close. Other than this, the camera is working well, it only happens closing, not opening.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 151

Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking at my Vito II (which opens and closes very easily), I'd say that if I had the problem you describe, I'd first check to see if the lens standard braces weren't bent or twisted. Look at them from the front edge-on and make sure they look flat. If they are bent, you might be able to straighten them by gently prying with a screwdriver or other tool. (Be careful of the bellows.)

Otherwise, I'd consider putting just a little dab of grease on the two pins that hold the braces together, top and bottom, where it slides against the braces. That should help ease things. Just a little bit should do it.

Blacknoise
Tinkerer
Username: Blacknoise

Post Number: 10

Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The braces were slightly bent, ive bent them back just a little with a small pair of pliers. Seems to have made a fair bit of difference. The mechanism still isnt quite as smooth as some of my other folders, but its more than adequite.

Thanks a lot for the pointers, they were very helpful.

Rob

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration