Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Super Solinette - how do you get... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Agfa Super Solinette - how do you get the top off? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Designfort
Tinkerer
Username: Designfort

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just found an Agfa Super Solinette (Ansco Super Regent actually) on the flea-market. I works perfectly but the vertical rangefinder alignment is off. No biggy, I thought, but how do you get the top off the thing? The only screws I can see are under the film advance and rewind knobs. so I assume I have to take those two off first. Is there are trick to it?
Usually on Agfas I take off the cold shoe as well, but this one does not have a screw for the cold shoe.

Greetings
Herbert

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1057

Posted on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have notes for the Super Memar, which is very similar but non-folding - but it has a lever wind which I guess would be a significant difference here. The rewind knob unscrews, just block the fork in the shaft below it. Getting it back on is tricker than getting it off.

I have notes for rangefinder adjustment in the Super Memar as well, which might be useful once you get there. email me at rick_oleson@yahoo.com if you'd like a copy of what I have.

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 179

Posted on Monday, January 02, 2012 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The advance knob simply threads on, there are no other screws. I can't recall for sure if has left or right-hand threads. I do remember mine was on real tight.

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 151

Posted on Monday, January 02, 2012 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can find some photos of removal of the Top Cover on this German webpage :
http://www.bleckedermoor.de/fotomuseum/super-solinette.htm

The author writes that to remove the winder and rewinder knobs one should allways turn the other direction as indicated on the arrows on these knobs.

In case of the Rewinder Knob you have to block the axis inside the camera and turn the knob Counter-Clockwise.
Just tried removing the Rewinder knob on my own Super Solinette and it came off without a problem and using only moderate force.

In case of the Winder knob you have to manually hold the winderspool inside the camera while turning the knob Clockwise. He warns about not applying too much force because this could damage internal gears. If the Winder knob sits tight then he recommends applying WD-40 to the Winder knob thread and let that soak in for some time and try again.
Just tried removing the Winder knob on my own Super Solinette and it came off without a problem and using only light force.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration