Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help needed reassembling an old Nikko... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Help needed reassembling an old Nikkor-Q 200mm « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Uimike
Tinkerer
Username: Uimike

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have been mounting several old Nikkor lenses on my Pentax K20D, with nice results, most notably the 28mm AiS and the compensating 55mm f/3.5 micro.

I had an older Nikkor-Q 200, with oily blades which I wanted to try on the Pentax as well. Following instructions here and at the Yahoo Nikon group, I was able disassemble the entire lens, clean and grease he helicoids without breaking anything.

All neat and well, except, when I tried to reassemble the inner lens element - the chunky one which sits atop a ring on the other side of the diaphragm, I ran into trouble.

The element seems to be seated correctly - but when I screw the retention ring that goes over it - the ring screws in smoothly and nicely but stops about an 1/4 of an inch afar from the element, leaving a gap so there's obviously something quite wrong - but I have no clue what is missing.

I do not recall there being a gasket, or any kind of rubber ring, or anything either below or above the element...

Is anyone experienced with this lens? Or at least, can anyone point to a digram of it - I know there's a book by Tomosy, but it costs more than what I paid for the lens. Of course, I will buy it, if its the only solution.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Mike
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Niktoad
Tinkerer
Username: Niktoad

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you get it figured out? I have a 135MM Q auto I cant get timed right. I had not heard of Tomosy until now. I'll explore that route. There is at least one google book of his:
http://books.google.com/books?id=ZMzY1YbdiVgC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Tomosy+niko n&source=bl&ots=Tk_om_MrnL&sig=NRihrvgasuHongOym8CiqpUiwXY&hl=en&ei=rFqUS6KgMYr0 M8vjxMYN&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CCYQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=&f=f alse
hope this helps.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration