Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removing the shutter speed indicator ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Removing the shutter speed indicator dial on an FTb « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aphototaker
Tinkerer
Username: Aphototaker

Post Number: 72

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 11:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have my FTb open. I am done with most of the stuff I started out with some weeks ago. After all the repairs and touch up, I ran a roll of film last weekend, turned out okay, and now I have it open only to solder back the flash contact wires.

However, there is some dirt and stuff on the shutter speed indicator dial that I would like to clean before I wrap it all up.

If I remove the prism, I can see the dial on the right and near the eye finder side (I will called lower left) corner of the focsing screen. How do I remove that dial for cleaning?

Canon FTb: Shutter speed indicator and selector assembly.

I can easily remove the shutter speed selector assembly. Also the prism. But it appears as though the shutter speed indicator dial sits right between the lens of the focusing screen and the metal frame holding it down. It appears as though I need to remove the metal frame and the indicator assembly comes off with it. Am I thinking right? Any better suggestions?

Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration