Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Old school Minolta XG-7 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Old school Minolta XG-7 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vic_k
Tinkerer
Username: Vic_k

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi...i just found a Minolta XG7 at the local thrift store for $20. It came with a Minolta (I guess) lens that says 28-85mm, 1:3.5-4.5 on it. I bought batteries and Kodak UltraMax 400 film for it, and it seems to be functioning properly (at least the battery-check indicator comes on.) I downloaded the user manual, but honestly I am a total beginner at photography without the regular point-and-shoot. Can anyone give me some basic pointers on how to take pictures with this thing? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 274

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sure, set the speed dial on top to "Auto", the aperture ring on the lens to "11" and start shooting.

Go to the library or used book shop and get a book on basic photography. It is what you really need. Or, since you are not likely to do that, ask around in the forums at photo.net

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration