Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica FS problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica FS problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Podstawek
Tinkerer
Username: Podstawek

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 02:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have just received an old Konica FS. As far as I understand, it was a budget version of the more famous FS-1. It has no meter and no circuits inside apart from flash connection I think.

The one I got looks very clean, but it has a problem: the winding lever does not seem to do anything. It does not advance film (neither the sprocket wheels nor the take-up roll move). It does not cock the shutter either (pressing the shutter button does nothing). The lever is not loose, and it has this nice clicking sound as if it was working, but it does not do anything apparently.

I do some repairs and cleaning myself, and I am not afraid to open a camera, but before I take a chance on this one, I would love to hear about the group's experience, if you have any.

By the way: do you know how to remove the top part of the camera? I can't see any screws apart from the flat one keeping the winding lever in place.

Thank you all in advance,

Adam

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration