Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zuiko f1.4 50mm lens - clickstops Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zuiko f1.4 50mm lens - clickstops « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tgraichen
Tinkerer
Username: Tgraichen

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a zuiko 1.4/40 lens which does not reach its f1.4 clickstop properly - it somehow stops a bit before and as a result all the apertures seem to be a bit off (a bit too much open) and the at f2 the lens stays still fully open ... my questions would be: where are the actual clickstops or limitations for the movement of the aperture ring on the zuiko lenses - in the front or in the back part of the lens? maybe someone knows off mind where to adjust this properly? i looked at the schema of the 1.4/50 on the dementia site, but did not find it myself.

a lot of thanks in advance and best wishes - thomas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tgraichen
Tinkerer
Username: Tgraichen

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just to answer my own question: the clickstops are reachable from the front ... the images and instructions from

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=18377

were quite helpful to understand how things work inside of the zuiko lenses. there is a little cam connecting from the aperture ring to the aperture mechanics and this one was bent. lens works fine again now. the deeper im looking into all this olympus om stuff, the more i must say i'm impressed by how well thought out all there is and how service friendly the stuff is (maybe except the usual foam problem on the om-1/2 prism).

best wishes - thomas

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration