Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya RB67 Pro-s Revolving stage Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mamiya RB67 Pro-s Revolving stage « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Church_st_photo
Tinkerer
Username: Church_st_photo

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 22, 2010 - 09:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just picked up an RB67 Pro-s. The revolving stage (back) is hard to turn. Has anyone repaired one of these before. How difficult is it, any books to recommend, anyone have instructions? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 200

Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 08:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try wicking in a small amnt of lighter fluid to loosen it up a bit. But I like to split the plates n relube with new grease.

TO split the plates you have to remove the 4 flat springs holding it together.

As you turn the plates you can see the flat springs. Each is held in by 2 screws. Under each is another spring. When taking em appart, be sure to note where n how they came out.

Clean off all the old lube. Use a good grease, Lubriplate lithium, and reassemble.

Church_st_photo
Tinkerer

Post Number: 12

Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Paul. I looked at it, and it seems within my limitations.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer

Post Number: 201

Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just make a note of where they go back so you don't mix em up. I lay em out in the same way they came out. One of em is different and can make some chaos if you don't know about it.

I see you're into guitars?

Church_st_photo
Tinkerer

Post Number: 13

Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yup. Own the Fret Shop in Vernon, NJ. Fix and build them. Also have guitar lessons and retail stuff. Check out www.fretshop.net
Are you? Need one fixed? :-) I do that much better than cameras! LOL
CSP is actually my wife's business.

Church_st_photo
Tinkerer

Post Number: 14

Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 07:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe I'll try the revolving back tomorrow afternoon, after we dig out.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer

Post Number: 202

Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NO WAY, VERNON???? My parents had a home in Vernon Valley Lakes in the 60s n 70s and have property I use for summers. Did alot of ice skating on the lake as well as skiing at Great Gorge n Vernon. When I was there last the Playboy Club was in full swing. I had lots of friends working there n did alot of photogrpahy for modeling portfolios, my early RB days.

As a kid I worked the trucks with the Baldwins, apples on Pochuck Farms in Glenwood, Gilpatric surveyers, Koch construction n a dairy farm on 517 doing hay n cows. Had lots of fun up there.

How long have you lived there? Are you familiar with the locals? I'll have to come up n visit this summer to do some kayaking n bass fishing.

BTW I built a few guitars n also taught my son when he was 12 to scratch build an electric which proudly hangs on the wall. Both my sons are very good on the guitar, one has a band touring over seas soon.

[email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration