Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Program A - shutter buttons no... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax Program A - shutter buttons not responding « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wojtek
Tinkerer
Username: Wojtek

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello from Edinburgh :-)

I have a Pentax Program A, which - unfortunately - has a fault. The shutter buttons aren't changing the speed, and no matter what I do, 1/1000sec appears in the viewfinder. Although, after turning the mode selector, speed can be changed to 1/125 and B.

I have opened the body and I've cleaned the electrical contacts, but nothing has changed.

Do you have any ideas about what can be wrong? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much. Regards, Wojtek

Don
Tinkerer
Username: Don

Post Number: 52

Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 06:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the back is closed & the ctr is in the start position, it could be poor contact between the ctr sw. lever & the post of the spd dial/ assembly

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 288

Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think it is the switches in the buttons. They are like the buttons on tv remotes. You need to (if it can be done) open the switch and clean the rubber pad side as well as the contact side. I have three needing this sort of fixing but haven't gotten around to it yet. Still in the theory stage.

Wojtek
Tinkerer
Username: Wojtek

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, March 08, 2010 - 03:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All fixed. And when I will tell you what was wrong, you'll laugh.

:-)

NOTHING was wrong. This is the first camera I've seen - ever - which needs the chamber closure and three film rewinds to... allow the user to change the shutter times.

Ha ha ha. Sorry for the hassle, folks. Well, at least I'll read the manual next time.

Life is full of surprises.

Ismaelg
Tinkerer
Username: Ismaelg

Post Number: 46

Posted on Monday, March 08, 2010 - 04:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the information.
I'm sure that will try to byte me eventually.
I have to check if my Super Program and ME Super do the same.

Thanks,
Ismael

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration