Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica TC-1 keeps flickering on 22? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica TC-1 keeps flickering on 22? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trumpetplayer
Tinkerer
Username: Trumpetplayer

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

My wife and I are new to the camera world and just picked up a Konica TC-1 today and some lenses. We have been taking some pictures but after reading the manual it seems like something is wrong.

The numbers in the veiw finder are supposted to change right? (see, I have a lot to learn!!) Well what ever we do we cant get it to quit flickering on 22. I guess this means its overexposed? I changed the shutter speed to every thing possible and the ASA and nothing! Is this camera a dud or do is it something simple that I am missing.

Thanks for the help.

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 214

Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Due to the value of this camera, it should not be one that you should be tinkering with as your first effort at looking to do your own repair.

If you have the user's manual and are reading that, and you are having problems, it is time to get the camera to a repair facility.

Someone here may have one or repaired one but as this is the classic camera repair forum you cannot count on that as it is unlikely.

Impman71
Tinkerer
Username: Impman71

Post Number: 19

Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 09:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Trumpetplayer
Is this a Konica FC1 with red led's to indicate the f stop, I don't know of a TC-1.(I have just googled Konica TC-1 & it has come up with Konica Minolta TC-1 which has a fixed lens by the look of it & was a very expensive camera, if it is one of these disregard the rest of my text.)
The first thing I'd recommend if it is an FC1 is to replace the 4 sr44 batteries with new ones, (they are easy to get hold of) - they can be a bit erratic when they start to go flat.I have had a couple of FC1's over the years, one of them had main board failure, which I was told was quite a common fault with the early ones. The problem with it wasn't the same as you are having though - the other one is still going strong. If you get it working they're a nice camera to use & even now you'll be hard pressed to find better optics than the Hexanon's.
Good luck.

Trumpetplayer
Tinkerer
Username: Trumpetplayer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey, this is his wife. It's a FC1. We took it into the camera shop yesterday. We are going to look for other options, but since it's a hard one to find, we might as well consider spending the money to get it back and get it repaired.
Then again, we are having a baby soon and maybe I'm thinking we should put it in better hands. I don't know if my husband mentioned, but we own a hexanon f1.4 and 1.8 and two bushnell lenses(I forgot the numbers), but I'm thinking we'll sell them, so if you're interested, I'll post. -thnx for your help!

Impman71
Tinkerer
Username: Impman71

Post Number: 22

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greg Weber is in the states & a Konica expert if you decide to get it repaired:
[email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration