Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pen EE-S shutter mechanism problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pen EE-S shutter mechanism problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cluso
Tinkerer
Username: Cluso

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I am having trouble with the shutter mechanism of the Pen EE S. I am quite sure it is not due to dirty shutter blades, as I have cleaned them. This camera has only two speeds, 1/40 and 1/200. The fast one works fine, the slow one tends to hang and the shutter remains open. The problem appears to be in the mechanism itself. In the photograph (it shows the shutter in the stuck open position)

[URL=http://www.pic-upload.de/view-4885939/shutter.jpg.html][/URL]

you can see that the wheel with the notch that opens and closes the shutter is stuck under the piece that is visible above in the yellow circle (this piece is moved by the thick brass wheel). If I push it a little bit it is released and the shutter closes.

Any ideas how to fix this? I cleaned all the parts with lighter fluid several times, but no improvement.

Right to the yellow circle in the picture is some kind of adjustment screw that is fastened with glue. What is that for?

Thanks! cluso

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration