Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 5000e battery cover, can I us... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica 5000e battery cover, can I use some other in its place? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aphototaker
Tinkerer
Username: Aphototaker

Post Number: 151

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The camera is available sans the battery cover. I have a few others cameras which use the same batter (but only one). So, can I use non-yashica battery covers on the 5000e?

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 201

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope you don't mind me asking back: what is this new thread going to be? A sense of déjà vu, revisualising the various spiral turns of the prayer wheel reiterating a new topic in the fashion of the (still unfinished?) Auto S2 or flash sync spiel?

Aphototaker
Tinkerer

Post Number: 155

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 08:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

he he ... I was dreading the same thing :-) Hopefully , somebody will be able to answer with facts here and not presumptions. Topical replies only cut the thread short ... hope this point does not take if off on a tangent :-)

It is just a very specific question, if somebody knows the answer to.

Aphototaker
Tinkerer

Post Number: 156

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, never mind, folks, the question is now moot.

(that was an abrupt end to the thread! :-) )

Harryrag
Tinkerer

Post Number: 202

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 09:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was really trying to help you with your camera and I still offer help to the ones in need of assistance when I think the case is worth the effort. But a question like the one about what "non-Yashica" replacement cover to use is so trite and commonplace that you cannot expect anybody to take it seriously.
I shouldn't wonder now someone inquiring about the right colour of a makeshift replacement cover.
If things go on in a manner of paroxysmal questions and lengthy answers to marginal problems the ones you inappropriately chose to call guru tinkerers will VERY soon be through with everything here.

Aphototaker
Tinkerer

Post Number: 157

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry if this sounded trite. All I was trying to do was to ask if people who have experience with various cameras (and I gather many have various bodies from the era) could tell me this. If I have a way to do this myself practically easily, I would have done it.

I appreciate your help, as I do others'. I also appreciate that people frequenting here are in search of technical details and share information. I find this to be a wonderful forum.

(I was hoping to get some short thread karma here :-) )

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 113

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The battery covers of the Lynx 5000e and the Lynx 14e are very special. The cap has an inner thread whereas the compartment has the outer thread. Allmost all other cameras have it the other way round. I do not know all cameras of this world but I would rate the chance of using a different cameras lens cap for a Lynx E next to 0%.

Aphototaker
Tinkerer

Post Number: 159

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reiner: Excellent! Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.

Harryrag
Tinkerer

Post Number: 203

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A very superficial look at either the camera's battery slot/box/container or whatever OR the battery cover/... would have brought about that same result: THERE IS NO NEED TO ASK QUESTIONS OF THAT SORT. Or is this very dependent asking of questions indicating where, philosophically speaking, enlightenment, Borat/Ali G/Brüno version, has taken us?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration