Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Focus problem on Franke Solida folder Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Focus problem on Franke Solida folder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hobbes
Tinkerer
Username: Hobbes

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Franke Solida 6x6 folder (with uncoupled rangefinder), and the focus scale on the lens is inaccurate. When I line up the distance scale to infinity, the lens focuses at beyond infinity; when I line it up at, say, 20 feet, the lens focuses at infinity. (I checked this out with a ground glass at the film gate and a loupe.)

Is there an easy way to get the distance scale on the lens to match up with the true focus?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Rob

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 33

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rob,

You will have to loosen the distance scale, then focus the frontlens on infinity and then attach the distance scale again set on the infinity-mark.

I have some photos from a Solida III here :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29504544@N08/4223055644/in/set-72157622962172593/

Hobbes
Tinkerer
Username: Hobbes

Post Number: 9

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Hans. Mine is a Solida III also. Thanks for the link to the photo. It looks like you have a very comprehensive set of tear down photos for lots of cameras.

It doesn't sound like too difficult of a job. I'll have a go at fixing the problem.

Rob

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration