Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM2SP: stuck film advance Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus OM2SP: stuck film advance « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ruijorgemoreno
Tinkerer
Username: Ruijorgemoreno

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
I'm new to this forum and I'm amazed by the quantity of info I could found in here! Thank you!! :-)
Ok..Now the real subject.
My beloved Oly OM2SP is stucked.

Let me tell you how it happened:
Today, I was about to take a photo. I pushed the film advance lever, I pointed the camera, adjusted the aperture and I shotted.
Well, it all went very fast, but I think the photo had been successful taken (I'm not sure though). But the camera jammed!
-"Oh.The batteries are dead" I thought. (and they are)
I turned to the 'B' position to unlock the mirror, the mirror unlocks but everything is jammed...
The courtain is in it's place. But the film advance lever doesn't move at all and the shoot button is "down" (like when it needs the film to be advanced)...

I had this problem before but I was a noobie then and I sent it for repair...
But now I have a little more experience so I would like to give it a try...
Can anyone give me any tips? Perhaps this happened to anyone before?

Oh...I almost forgot.. Later today, I messed up the mirror, sadly.. I know, I shouldn't mess with the courtains...But, in my sad despair for my beloved little camera, I moved the courtain a little bit... The courtain is on it's place but the mirror is now locked in the "open" position..
:-(
I'm sorry for any errors...Portuguese guy here! ;)

Thanks in advance,
Rui.

Ruijorgemoreno
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh.. forgot to say.. After the camera jammed, I pressed the Release button and removed the film and the release button is also stuck into the down position...

Help, anyone?
Rui.

Ruijorgemoreno
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No one seemed to be able to help me. Too bad. :-(

Anyway, problem solved.

If anyone has the same problem feel free to contact me, maybe I can help.

Rui Jorge.

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 232

Posted on Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So how did you end up solving the problem? Might be helpful to someone who comes along later.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration