Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica GW690 lens adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Fujica GW690 lens adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Norman
Tinkerer
Username: Norman

Post Number: 27

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Fuji GW690 and wish to replace the front lens group. I bought a brand new front lens group that was advertised for the GW690II but as they are both fitted with an EBC Fujinon 90mm f3.5 lens I thought that it might be worth the chance. I tried a rough and ready test by photographing a newspaper at 6ft. The new lens assembly produced a much less sharp image. Could this just be a matter of shimming the lens or have I got the wrong parts? If it is a matter of shimming how best should I proceed? Thanks for any advice. Norman

Norman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 28

Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 06:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone help?

Sevo
Tinkerer
Username: Sevo

Post Number: 61

Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The optical construction should be the same, but as the II has a integrated sunshade, it might well be that the mechanical construction is different.

To exclude that it is a matter of shimming, you'll simply have to iterate through a series of tests, unscrewing the front lens in 1/8 turns between steps.

Norman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 29

Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The two lens groups are identical externally, my concern is that the optics might differ. Is the spacing between the two lens groups critical?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration