Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter repair questions velio, pront... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Shutter repair questions velio, pronto, 66 folders « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Umitulgen
Tinkerer
Username: Umitulgen

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 02:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Guys
I am new to this website so I have many questions, I would appreciate your help and patience.

I recently stated collecting old folders and some of them shutter problems. Usually they have sticking shutter at lower speeds and with some tiny amount of lighter fluid and regular exercise they come back to life but now I have two cameras, Zeiss ikon 66 with velio shutter and adox 66 with pronto shutter. Velio shutter is working nicely but shutter blades do not close after cocking the shutter, they stay open. Never seen this happen before? Any advice on this?

Adox 66 pronto shutter does not stay cocked, lever returns immediately to original position. any help,on this?

I also want to learn how to fix shutters, is there any website out there showing what to do with pictures, addressing different problems with these? I also want to buy a spanner wrench, which one should I go for, there are few options on ebay?

Thanks very much for your help..

best Wishes

umit

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration