Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super Ricohflex lens adjustments Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Super Ricohflex lens adjustments « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Leonistik
Tinkerer
Username: Leonistik

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently made these videos and posted them on youtube, I don’t know what I was doing but

I want help but no site really helps. They just show pictures . If you have the patience to watch it be my guest I would like to know what I did wrong. I think that after greasing it up I have to readjust the lens , but the bottom shutter lens is it supposed to move back and forth as well I don't understand? If it does not work I will buy another one. I opened it up it is simple, it took a tug to unscrew the pieces, I scraped up the blue lithium grease with a tooth pick and it is re-lubricated, but I am now at this last part how do I make them rotate and the range ( I can't get the right words out). To focus properly how do I approach this correctly? I can't help but feel impatient my hands are shaking from so much eagerness in trying it out, and I have finally bought and 35mm color back adapter on ebay after 3 years of looking.

I have pictures on msnspaces:

http://cid-1ac67abd3618c03c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Super%20Ricohflex%20Tw in%20lens

And I have videos on youtube:
Warning they are painfully long 10 mins 10 parts of me mumbling to myself and taking it apart, do yourself a favor and play music while skipping through it

http://www.youtube.com/alphadot

Leonistik
Tinkerer

Post Number: 16

Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 05:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Collimation- was the word, but as i can see, the sutter lens doesn't move, is that a good thing or a bad thing? IS it supposed to be stiff, I am scared to force anything, I do not want a consequence in breaking it. SO if anyone wants to help watch the videos and see if I did good.

Leonistik
Tinkerer

Post Number: 17

Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00NJVU

this guy helped a lot ^

I have youtube videos but I am sorry they are long just skim them as I said before, i dont know what I am doing
---> my first initial post
https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/18084.html?1266983081

Titrisol
Tinkerer
Username: Titrisol

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 - 03:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The disassembly looks fine.
The lens you have on pic 48 consists of 2 parts
- The brass barrel that unscrews from the whole assembly (and DOES NOT ROTATE)
-and the little in the inside, which rotates. Lots of greenish goo prevent it from rotating.

Take the whole lens assembly out. Below it there are 2 screws in the beige plate; take them out
Once you take those 2 out; the biege plate should come out easily.

Since you took the whole lens/assembly plate out (PIC28); use a rubber glove and twist the black ring that hold the shutter (picture 28)
That will take the whole shutter asembly out. **The pin you removed in PIC28 is just used for alingnment of the shutter assembly.** do not lose it!
There is a lens in the back of the shutter assembly to complete the triplet lens; useing a spanner wrench take it out.

Now you have a few parts:
- Shutter assembly
- Front lens assembly

Titrisol
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 - 04:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have access to lighter fluid? That is a sort of light benzine; clear in color. In the US is sold as RONSONOL. Get some of that it will probably be your best friend

FRONT LENS:
Try to rotate the top part CAREFULLY
If that does not work dip the whole assembly into the ronsonol and leave it for a few hours; try again until you can separate the two lenses.
Once the lenses are separated you need to clean the old-greenish-grease goo. It will probably fall in small chunks.
Now you need to apply a very small amount of non-volatile grease. Just a smear of graphite may help but there are other better products.

Since you dissasembled the lenses you can clean them thoroughly before reassembly to have a spotless lens.

Titrisol
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 - 04:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SHUTTER ASSEMBLY:
This is a bit more involved; and further disassembly should be avoided if possible.

Dip the whole shutter assembly in the lighter fluid to get out all the old grease.
Once that is done try exercizing the shutter; it will work great when is wet. If you see grit in the shutter leaves or in the diaphragm clean it with the fluid.
Let your shutter air dry overnight and try exercizing the shutter again when dry
If his does not work put it in the ronsonol again

I will try to disassemble mine tonight and put the pics in picasa

Ront
Tinkerer
Username: Ront

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@Tmas
so i just recently, last week, restored that same camera.
i think we have the same problem.
when you take off the gear there is a lens element that you can unscrew off.

when you take that off you're left with what you're showing in your picture.
the part i didn't realize, and i think you too. is that piece that you take off first (the lens you are not showing) is really TWO* lens elements that are stuck together. what i did was soak both the viewing and taking lens in 95% alcohol for 2 days.
then i used a wrench to hold the front of the lens (only the part that the gear screws go into) and twisted it off the middle element (it's not in your picture either)its the part that screws into what you show in your picture.
NOTE! that the viewing lens and taking lens screw in opposite directions!
the viewing lens screws clockwise to unscrew and the taking lens screws counterclockwise to unscrew.
email me if you have any more issues.
m_hb239@hotmail.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration