Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica c35 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica c35 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer
Username: Djamorpheus

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just bought one off the bay, focusing was ok, but not as smooth as i would like it but today for some reason it became really hard as if theres sand when i focus. Anyone know how i can open it up and what lube i should use? i have white lithium grease.

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 216

Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You go in from the front, unscrew the thin black two-notched retainer ring in the filter thread. Desoldering the two black wires to the LDR aka CdS-cell is not necessary, but makes things a bit easier; polarity doesn't matter here. You can then remove the chrome coloured filter ring after uncrewing three black crosshead screws. It is of vital importance before the next step to mark the lens in the infinity position, otherwise it is necessary to readjust infinity focus after the repair, this is not easy because the shutter has no "B", so it won't stay open long enough for adjustment. The helicoil sits under the silver focusing ring, there are another three crosshead clampsscrews keeping the lens plus the helicoil in its correct position. All this has to be taken out to reach for the thread of the helicoil.
These repair instructions show what to expect and provide good pictures http://kans1948.zero-yen.com/html/p194.html. I know it's Japanese, but with Google's language tools this is no problem I guess, you can also look here to know what's inside: http://endoscopy.jp/moto/camera/camera_repair/c35/index.htm.
The camera, like the Yashica electro MC, has a wonderful lens, sharp, contrasty, simply exellent, so it is worth the effort!

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 235

Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 06:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just for clarity, should the word be helicoid? This is a helicoil - http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp .

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 217

Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yES cHARLIE; The CoRRCT WRD iS; OFF cURSE, heliciod; TNX fOR THe ReMINdER. PeRhAPS You Can aLsO provide a PICtrue of A HELOciol?

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 14

Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Woops, i never marked the lens at infinity, i did take it apart and put it back together, the rangefinder infinity is slightly off.

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 15

Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, nevermind, i fixed everything :-)

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 16

Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was fine and now the grinding has started again, i believe it to be the coupling pin that controls the rangefinder when you twist the focus, is grinding against the plate which moves it down and up in respect to the lens focus.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration