Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica c35 replacing battery contact ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica c35 replacing battery contact wires « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer
Username: Djamorpheus

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been having problems with underexposure so i opened the bottom cover to check the battery contacts. They looked pretty corroded, so i desoldered the wires which became pretty brittle so i snipped off a bit of the wire to expose more wire, but all of it was brittle so it became too short, now im having problems because its not long enough. Should i replace the wires completely or just solder on more wire onto the existing one?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 222

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 03:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It does not make a difference, electrically. Replacing the (complete) wiring is often easier said than done, with the Konica C35 especially reassembly is not easy.
In certain cases, however, the bad condition of especially the black wires in a C35 leaves you no other chance than replacing all the wires, as soldering a length of new wire to the old one is simply not possible.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration