Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon7 Light Meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon7 Light Meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lars_o
Tinkerer
Username: Lars_o

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a really beautiful Canon7 and even the selenium cell based light meter is working - sometimes. Sometimes, tapping on the cell a few times get's it to operate, sometimes not. It used to work better when the high-sensitivity setting was used. Right now I can't get it to work at all but that may be different tomorrow.

It seems to me, like there is some sort of a loose connection, probably at the connections to the cell(s). I would like to try and fix this myself but I'm quite inexperienced as far as camera repair is concerned.

I found a repair manual for the Canon7, so I have some drawings which indicate I will have to take apart the entire top assembly of the camera body. If somebody would want to share some experience or suggestions related to the canon7 and its light meter, I'd be really happy to hear from them...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration