Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica c35 automatic underexposes wit... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica c35 automatic underexposes with zinc air battery « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer
Username: Djamorpheus

Post Number: 37

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a konica c35 automatic loaded with a zinc air hearing aid battery. I've shot a couple of rolls with it and it feels as though its underexposing by a whole stop. I've replaced the negative wire that goes from the battery to the cds cell and a red wire that goes from the positive to the light meter block. If looking at the camera from the back with the top off, the wire connects to the white part of the meter block. I was going to attempt to solder on a shottky diode (which there isnt any room for anyways) and use a silver oxide battery but now i see no reason to.

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 79

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 01:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a C35 that seems to be reading low as well. I haven't had a chance to take a close look, but does anyone know how to adjust the meter?

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer
Username: Djamorpheus

Post Number: 38

Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 08:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there resistors in the konica c35?

Zuikopath
Tinkerer
Username: Zuikopath

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why not just adjust the ASA rating to suit - it may be far easier in the long run.

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 227

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it's like most of these meters, underexposing corresponds to higher voltage than normal. Since a zinc air battery is still a little higher than mercury, I'd guess your best bet is just to adjust the ASA dial.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration