Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Super Ikonta 532/16 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zeiss Super Ikonta 532/16 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Palerro
Tinkerer
Username: Palerro

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Super Ikonta 532/16 is in good overall operating condition except for a rather stiff rangefinder-setting mechanism. As for the RF optics, the're fine - it's just that there is a stiffness in setting the rangefinder with that small, knurled setting-wheel. (FYI - if I assist the focusing process by turning the front lens while also turning the setting wheel, everything is rather smooth, but I really don't don't want to make a practice of that.)
So, here's my question: If I were to
1) only remove the faceplate (as described in http://www.davidrichert.com/zeiss_532_161.htm
2) did nothing whatsoever to remove or disturb the front lens element, and finally
3) cleaned and lubricated the focusing mechanism, without disturbing the internal alignment of the parts,
would there be any need for me to be concerned with having to reset the rangefinder and the focus after reassembling the face plate?
Peter

Sevo
Tinkerer
Username: Sevo

Post Number: 64

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The risk is minimal unless you open the wrong screw. But it is not entirely impossible that the camera is loose inside and only held by the outer screws...

Palerro
Tinkerer
Username: Palerro

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your response, as it reinforced what I already suspected. As soon as my Nye oil and camera grease arrives, I'm planning to "attack."
Peter

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 282

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no experience with this particular camera, but the rangefinder mechanism is very similar to (probably identical to, as the Soviets were very good at copying Zeiss designs) my Moskva-5, which is a copy of another Super Ikonta.

If you do manage to get the rangefinder parts back together out of alignment, it's not all that difficult to put them back right; it's just a matter of moving one of the prisms a tooth at a time until you get correct infinity focus. Takes a bit of patience and time, but you'll be able to restore it to its former working condition.

Zhengpeng
Tinkerer
Username: Zhengpeng

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have a Ikonta 530/2. Dialing the rangefinder wheel wont move the front lens (which is used to focus). The other way works but it has some play. I am planning to open up the lens but cannot find a way to take off the front plate. There are three screws that I can unscrew. But the rangefinder wheel is sitting on top of the plate, so even after I remove the screws, the plate wont go off.

Any comments or suggestions?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration