Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus C3 Lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Argus C3 Lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lgdavis
Tinkerer
Username: Lgdavis

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a couple of questions about the Argus C3 lens. It is said to be interchangable. Indeed, there are other lenses for it, and the 50mm lens can be removed by first removing a screw at the base of the lens. Is that the right way? But when reinstalling the lens one has to be careful to screw it back on correctly - there are three or four starting points. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to doing it right without experimenting? Also that little screw that has to be removed and replaced?...Does anyone have an extra. My newly aquired Match-Matic is missing its screw. I tried to make one, but without a tiny lathe, it's hard to get the right reduced diameter tip (that rides in the helical slot) on it.

Thanks,
Larry
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lgdavis
Tinkerer
Username: Lgdavis

Post Number: 30

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, no sooner than I posted this, even after having searched the internet for answers about the lens, I found this site:

http://jsurp.tripod.com/c3lens.htm

It's a good description of how to change the lenses, which is not how I was thinking. One has remove the idler gear between the focusing wheel and the lens. BUT I still need the guide screw, if anyone has one to spare.

Larry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration