Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

I really have no idea how to get the ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » I really have no idea how to get the advance lever off a fuji gw670iii « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arthurq
Tinkerer
Username: Arthurq

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've taken apart a few rangefinders, but this guy has stymied me.

there are no obvious unscrewables or unclippables :/

http://www.dantestella.com/technical/mfrf/iiiseries.jpg

Socaljc
Tinkerer
Username: Socaljc

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 01:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

go to Home Depot and buy a good pair of rubber gloves. Hold on to the lever with one hand while it's in its neutral position. Use the other gloved hand to twist open the black ring on top of the lever. The ring and the silver button on top of it will come off easy.

Arthurq
Tinkerer
Username: Arthurq

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 09:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great thanks. I was trying that, but not hard enough obviously.

Now comes the real issue: I took it apart 'cause something was rattling around in there.

this is what I found In front of the triangle formed by the frameline window and reflector: Great thanks. I was trying that, but not hard enough obviously.

Now comes the real issue: I took it apart 'cause something was rattling around in there.

And this is what I found In front of the triangle formed by the frameline window and reflector:
http://reprisal.ca/fuji/2.jpg

in there:
http://reprisal.ca/fuji/1.jpg
What is it and where does it go?

thanks again.

Socaljc
Tinkerer
Username: Socaljc

Post Number: 8

Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that part I don't know... get a repair / service manual. It's not too hard to find.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration