Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need help with a chinon ce-3 memotron Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Need help with a chinon ce-3 memotron « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wupdigoj
Tinkerer
Username: Wupdigoj

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. I just bought this camera, and it seems to work well, but it has a couple of problems:
The viewfinder is very (I mean VERY) dirty. It has a kind of shutter to block the viewfinder, and I think that this is the cause of all the dirt and dust that seems to be between the viewfinder lens and the pentaprism. It is so dirty that it is really difficult to use!

The frame counter counts only until frame 18. I can live with it, but it could be nice to get it working as it should.

I have experience dissasembling and fixing folders, rangefinders and TLRs, but I have never worked on a SLR. Any clues on how to remove the top cover, and any tips about the cause of the counter problem?. If this camera is particularly tricky or there are chances that I mess it up, I will forget it. I will appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance

Javier

Kongzi
Tinkerer
Username: Kongzi

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have one I intend to take apart at some point, it only counts to 20, perhaps we can share tips :-)

Wupdigoj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 03:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I don't received any tips, I will try to dissasemble the top cover this weekend. I am a little scared, because I love this camera, and I don't want to broke it!. I will share my experience here.

Javier

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer
Username: Djamorpheus

Post Number: 44

Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Taking off the top cover should be pretty simple as with all 35mm slrs. They tend to come apart in a similar fashion. Make sure you document how every part comes together either with pictures or notes on paper.

Wupdigoj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I have done it, and as Djamorpheus said is rather straightforward to take apart the top cover. The only tricky part is to peel off the cover of the shutter speed dial, very soft aluminium. It is mandatory to take notes or pictures: there are lots of washers. It has cleaned up very well, and now the viewfinder is spotless, and probably the better viewfinder I have ever used in a SLR. The problem with the counter is due to a cracked nylon thoothed wheel. A little epoxy and careful file one or two theeth, and now counts until 36 :-)

If somebody need further details, I can provide some pictures.

Javier

Hyperione
Tinkerer
Username: Hyperione

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, March 25, 2011 - 09:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Javier, I've yesterday received a CE-3 Memotron from e(vil)bay. It's shutter release button was lousy and film winder also has problems (while turned, it gives cranking noise and doesn't turn smoothly). I'm thinking it worth to try fix it myself or not. Could you please share with me your photos or send them to medasa(at)mail.ru? Thank you!

Vic Mortelmans (Vicmortelmans)
Tinkerer
Username: Vicmortelmans

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a picture of the parts that you collect when disassembling the top cover, in order of appearance ;)

https://imgur.com/a/OPWpAPG

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration