Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Xa2 unresponsive Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus Xa2 unresponsive « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Liamaprope
Tinkerer
Username: Liamaprope

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 08:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all. I've been searching up on this issue for some time but haven't found anything that quite matches my problem.

Initially my XA2 shutter was lagging, staying open for around 2 seconds even in brightly lit conditions at ISO400. The green bulb would flash intermittently indicating low-light, even though this wasn't the case.

I changed the batteries and the issue persisted. I then read up that it could be an issue with dust inside the camera, so (without taking it apart) I took to it with a cloth and a blower-brush.
After cleaning the camera (mainly inside where the batteries go, which i think maybe the cause of this new problem) with a blowerbrush and a lens cloth, i've now found the entire device to be unresponsive; the shutter won't depress, the battery check won't respond etc.

i've downloaded the manual but the specific problem isn't listed... i'm going to take the camera apart and have a look but first i'd like to know what i'm looking for., any advice would be great.

Thanks, Will
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 229

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd check battery box connections and wires to the circuit board. Take an ohmmeter reading if you can from the battery contacts to the circuit board. And don't forget to check the batteries a second time too, because sometimes you get a bum one right out of the package.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration