Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica electro gsn shutter assembly. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica electro gsn shutter assembly. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Koonuy
Tinkerer
Username: Koonuy

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been troubleshooting my camera that
i recently acquired and the only problem (that
i can ascertain so far) is that though the
battery light goes on when checked, the camera
only fires at one speed (1/500 i believe).

It was working ok for a little while and then
it'd stop and fire at that speed. i've checked
the POD and also the wiring on the top and
bottom of the camera. I'm trying to check the
shutter wiring but am stuck at removing the black ring that the silver ring was screwed to. i've attached images of the ring in question and also the others that i've removed thus far.

I've checked matt's and yashica-guy's site and have also emailed them in hopes of a response, but any help on any of my problems would be appreciated. i'm afraid im becoming a yashica person and would like to fulfill that... eventually. thanks.ring in questionrings already removed

Djamorpheus
Tinkerer
Username: Djamorpheus

Post Number: 45

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 04:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had the same problem, basically the black ring can only be removed when the inside black part is. The way to remove it is to drill two small holes on two sides and using a spanner wrench to screw it out. or, you can use a film canister top if it has rubber on the underside, or anything which has the same diameter and apply pressure and unscrew.

Koonuy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just want to make sure were on the same page. I'm trying to get the black ring that was attached to the outer silver ring (NOT the one with the B Auto flash marking) with three screws, the one with the three screw holes. Is that what you're talking about too?

Koonuy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Figured it out! You were right but no drilling required. After the rear element was removed I got the inner black ring off with a lacrosse ball and elbow grease. After that, three screws later and I was able to get to the wiring. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration