Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT-101 won't advance and met... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta SRT-101 won't advance and meter broken « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Payaso
Tinkerer
Username: Payaso

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 21, 2010 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This thing has some issues. The meter wasn't working so I started messing with it to see if I could get it to work and now it's got more problems!

The little lever inside that moves with the dof preview button seemed to be in the wrong place so I moved it back and forth. Now it seems to be working backwards! When I push it in, I see full aperture and when I don't push it I see DOF!

Plus, now it won't advance and I can't click the shutter and the rewind button on bottom is stuck in.

I suppose I'm screwed here but thought I'd ask if there was an easy way to reverse the dof thing and maybe that would free up the advance.

Payaso
Tinkerer
Username: Payaso

Post Number: 8

Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What size screwdriver would i need to take this camera apart?

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 231

Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A #0 Phillips should work for the bottom plate if yours has Phillips screws, I'm not sure they all have them, but mine do. You need a small screwdriver set in any case. The top deck requires more work, there's one screw, but you need to remove the rewind crank (easy) and there's a threaded collar around the rewind crank mount which needs to be removed. On the other side you need to remove the collar around the shutter release, a rubber grip should work, and remove the shutter speed dial (I forgot where it needs to be set). Wish I could help you more, but I've never seen the problem you're describing. There's a disassembly/repair manual available for the SRT 101, and I'd make sure to get that before starting work on the camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration