Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa movexoom Standard 8mm and Yashic... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Agfa movexoom Standard 8mm and Yashica U5 (auto threading electric zoom8) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Grahame
Tinkerer
Username: Grahame

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2010 - 07:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Both the above cameras are battery driven, the battery holders being clean and good. However the motors will not work and I wonder whether anybody has experience of these and any pointers how to get them going. The Yashica was purchased as it offers auto-threading to the take up spool, unusual in Standard 8mm. Part of its electric circuit works as the electric zoom operates.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 317

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 28, 2010 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome Grahame. We need more movie camera people around here.

I have a few non working ones also but have not tried fixing them yet. My guess is the grease dried or hardened enough that the motor can't turn the gears or the wires need resoldering. Of course, it could also be a "frozen" motor. Those are the most likely causes.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration