Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica GSN - yellow light problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica GSN - yellow light problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Domagojs
Tinkerer
Username: Domagojs

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 04:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi experts,

I need help with Yashica GSN and I'm hoping somebody here could help me.

Yellow light on my GSN works faulty. It goes off only when the camera is pointed into pitch-black, anything else it does not light. On the other hand, red light works ok. I came to these conclusions by comparing the readout of the GSN with my dSLR's. As a result of the yellow light thing, photos come out severely underexposed...

What could be the cause of this malfunction, and is it realistic that I can fix it on my own?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 135

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't think what would cause those exact symptoms but, if the camera is underexposing then a problem with the meter is indicated (rather than just a problem with the yellow light circuit). The problem could be as simple as the ISO dial not being aligned properly which would be easy to fix or it could be an electronic problem or a problem with the release rods switch contacts.

As to whether you can fix it yourself. That depends on your experience in fixing cameras and you haven't told us what experience you have.

I suggest you have a look at the service manual at http://www.scribd.com/doc/19302555/Yashica-Electro-35-Service-Manual. If the manual makes sense to you, then I would say go for it. If it doesn't, I would say leave it alone and let someone else do it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration