Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Tranfers front lens Canonet 28 -> Can... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Tranfers front lens Canonet 28 -> Canonet QL17 GIII ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Friggs
Tinkerer
Username: Friggs

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 07:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey,

I purchased a beautiful Canonet QL17 GIII. No dents what so ever. There is only a little bit of fungus on the front lens. I managed to open the front side and removed the lens.

I've read a lot of instructions how to clean the lens and other elements, but I was wondering if it is possible to replace the lens and lens screw by parts from the Canonet 28? Because it also uses a 40mm lens. To buy a second hand Canonet 28 for just the parts is a lot cheaper than buying another GIII... ;)

Thanks!
Gerbren

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 94

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lenses on the two Canonets may be the same focal length, but I'm pretty sure they are not the same optical design (number of elements are different). The parts would therefore not be interchangeable.

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 325

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Canonet 28 has (as the model # tells you) an f2.8 lens. It won't fit a QL17 with f1.7 lens (as the model # tells again).

Add to that the 28 is a 4 element design and the 17 is a 6 element design.

Pick up another f1.7 Canonet of any model.

Friggs
Tinkerer
Username: Friggs

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 02:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks alot guys!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration